Now only $310.00 for a set of 5!
Order online and save $25.00
ECS Ducati 748/916/996/998 & MH900E Titanium/Aluminum Cush Drive Lugs
Titanium 6AL4V lug shank, locking shoulders, rolled threads, gold anodized
Aluminum 6061-T6 outer ring, internal lock ring, gold anodized
Polyurethane dampening material, green, slightly harder than stock
Titanium M10x1.25 flange nuts included, gold anodized, non-locking
Weight per cush (with Ti nut): 50g (.11 lb.)
1) weight of stock steel unit with nut: 96.6g (.21 lb.)
2) total weight savings (five units): 0.5 lbs.
Warning: Contact with highly aromatic solvents such as acetone, MEK, Toluene, or Naptha my cause significant deterioration of the polyurethane elastomer, which could lead to separation of the lug and outer ring.
1) Remove rear hub and cush/sprocket assembly per Ducati Service Manual.
2) Remove the 5 cush lugs from the cush/sprocket assembly.
Note: now would be a good time to replace the stock steel cush/sprocket assembly with an ECS quick-change carrier assembly #40-QCH and sprockets #40-QC#T.
3) Carefully and thoroughly clean each cush bore to remove all grease and foreign matter. Inspect each bore for nicks or sharp edges and debur as needed.
4) Lightly coat cush bores with molybdenum disulphide grease. Do the same on the exterior surface of each cush lug outer ring.
5) Install each lug in to the cush bores. Do not force! Each lug should slide snugly, but smoothly, into the bore.
6) Apply a small amount of molybdenum disulphide grease to the face of the flange nut.
7) Apply removable strength Locktite or equivalent to threads and torque flange nuts to 35 lb-ft. Note: The supplied Ti flange nut is not a crimped self-locking nut like the stock steel nut and must be "locked" to the lug threads using a thread locking compound.
8) Install cush/sprocket assembly per Ducati Service Manual.
9) Double check everything, get on bike, forget responsibilities and ride.
13851 A Better Way, Garden Grove, CA 92843
Tel: 714-530-2711, Fax: 714-530-7858
Order line 1-800-9-DUCATI
Copyright©2000-2004 European Cycle Specialties